Our grills are covered and the last of our summer garden goodies have been eaten. Now is the time to turn on our ovens and fire up our stoves for hearty meals that warm our bones. At Coldwell Banker we are filling up our fall cauldron with this amazing pumpkin soup recipe. We hope you enjoy it!
Pumpkin Soup Recipe | Inspired by LivingTheLLife
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 small chopped onion
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. freshly ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
4 pieces cooked bacon, chopped (I used turkey bacon)
Sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- In a large pot, combine the first 8 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree soup in small batches (1 cup at a time)
- Return soup to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Pour into serving bowls. If desired, top with chopped cooked bacon and/or sour cream (or greek yogurt).